Welcome to flavouroiuss.com, the world full of flavors. Today we are here with another delicious and crispy Savory Beef Shami Kabab Recipe. The Shami kabab is a popular Pakistani recipe which is rich in flavor. The shami kababs is a mixture of aromatic spices, which make the shami kababs juicy and flavorful.
You can serve the shami kababs as an appetizer or as a side dish, or as a main course. Enjoy the delicious and crispy beef shami kabab with variety of chutneys like green chutney, mint chutney, tamarind chutney, or a refreshing yogurt sauce.
Here is the step by step process of beef shami kabab recipe in quick and easy way.
Table of Content
- Ingredients with Quantity
- Preparation of Savory Beef Shami Kabab Recipe
- Health Tips
Ingredients with Quantity:
- 750 gram Boneless beef
- 250 g Split Bengal gram(Yellow lentil) (Chanay ki daal)
- 2 medium Onion (Pyaz)
- 12-13 Garlic cloves (Lehsan ky Jawy)
- 5 inch Ginger cut in pieces (Adarak)
- 4 Black cardamom (Badi elaichi)
- 1 tsp Black pepper corns (Kali mirch sabut)
- 1-2 Cinnamon stick (Dar chini)
- 2 Bay leaves (Taiz Pat)
- 6-7 or to taste Red chilies (Sabut lal mirch)
- 4 Clove (Laung)
- 2 tbs Coriander seeds (Sabut Dhania)
- 1 tsp or to taste Salt (Namak)
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds (Zeera)
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder (Haldee powder)
- 3 glass Water (Paani)
- 1 Eggs (Anday)
- ½ cup Chopped green coriander (Hara dhania)
- 1 tbs Chopped mint (Podina)
- 1 tbs Crushed fresh red chilies (koti )
- Oil for frying
Preparation of Savory Beef Shami Kabab Recipe
- Take split Bengal gram in a bowl, wash it thoroughly and soak it for at least 4-6 hours.
- Then take pressure cooker and add boneless beef and 1 glass of water, bring it boil then drain out the water. Then add onion, garlic cloves, ginger, black cardamom, black pepper corns, cinnamon sticks, bay leaves, long red chilies, clove, coriander seeds, salt, cumin seeds, turmeric powder and water, and mix them.
- Place the pressure cooker on medium low flame for 25-28 minutes (note the time when weight make sound). Or cook until meat tender.
- If the meat is tender and there is still water then cook the mixture on high flame and remove the lid. So that water evaporates and mixture dries. Then turn off the flame.
- Remove bay leaves, cinnamon sticks and black cardamom.
- Chopped the mixture with wooden chopper until meat beef become fiber and thoroughly mix with other spices.
- Take out the mixture into a bowl and let it cool.
- When the liquid become cool, add egg, chopped green coriander, and mint and crushed red chilies.
- If you are feeling the liquid is soft then place it into refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Put your hand gloves and make flat round kababs or of your choice.
- You can also add chopped onions if you like (but only in the mixture you want to fry).
- You can also store these shami kababs for at least 3 weeks.
- Take a fry pan and add oil in it. Heat the oil on low flame.
- Put the shami kababs in oil and fry until crispy and golden brown.
Dish out the shami kababs into serving plate. Garnish the delicious, soft and crispy shami kababs with round onions, or mint and coriander leaves.
Garnishing makes your food more presentable and delicious.
The delicious and Savory Beef Shami Kabab Recipe is ready to serve. Serve the delicious and crispy shami kababs with tea and enjoy. Serve the mouth-watering shami kabab as an appetizer. You can serve the crispy and spicy shami kabab with variety of chutneys and ketchup.
The beef shami kababs are in rich with nutrients like proteins, fats, carbohydrates, fibers and sodium. Further lentils are in rich with potassium, fiber, folate, and polyphenols which perform antioxidant activity.
Use cooking oil of high quality which suits your health like olive oil or avocado oil. You can also grill the kababs, this process reduce the fat and make kababs healthier. Use good quality spices to enhance flavor in your meal.
- What if shami kebab is too dry?
If you are feeling that your shami kabab mixture is dry, then add an egg into the mixture. Egg make mixture soften and helps in binding the shami kabab.
- Why Shami Kabab breaks?
Sometime, the shami kababs breaks, this happens when you make kababs of dry mixture or while frying when you flip the kabab uncooked. A best way to avoid kabab from breaking is that flip kabab when completely cooked from one side
- What makes the perfect kebab?
If you want to make perfect kebabs use fresh meat. Fresh meat make your kebabs soft, juicy, tasty and crispy. Meat can be of any thing like chicken, beef or mutton.