Welcome to flavoriouss.com, today we are here with another delicious Hyderabadi Dillpasand Khatti Dal: Matchless Tangy Lentil Curry from Hyderabad recipe. This Hyderabadi Dillpasand Mong Masoor Khatti Dal is so delicious that everyone around you will love it, and inspires your cooking skills.
Here is the recipe of Hyderabadi Dillpasand Khatti Dal: Matchless Tangy Lentil Curry from Hyderabad.
Ingredients with Quantity:
- 2-3 Cups or as required Water (Pani)
- 1 tsp or to taste Red chili powder (Lal mirch powder)
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder (Haldee powder)
- 1 tsp or to taste Salt (Namak)
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste (Adrak lehsan paste)
- 1-2 tbs Fresh coriander (Hara dhania)
- 2 Green chillies (Hari mirch)
- 1/4 Cup Yellow lentil gram (Mong daal) (soaked for 10-15 minutes)
- 3/4 Cup Orange lentil gram (Masoor daal) (soaked for 10-15 minutes)
- 2 medium Tomatoes cubes (Tamatar)
- ½ Cup Tamarind pulp (Imli pulp)
- 3-4 tbs Cooking oil
- 4-5 Button red chillies (Sabut lal mirch)
- ½ tbs Cumin seeds (Zeera)
- 15-20 Curry leaves (Kari pata)
- 6-8 Garlic cloves (Lehsan ky jawy)
- 1 Lemon
- 1-2 Cucumber (Kheera)
- 1 medium Onion (Pyaz)
Preparation of Hyderabadi Dillpasand Khatti Dal: Matchless Tangy Lentil Curry from Hyderabad
- Take a pot. Add water in it, and all other ingredients like turmeric powder, salt, red chili powder, ginger garlic paste, green chili, yellow lentil gram, orange lentil gram, tomatoes in the pot and mix them well and bring it to boil on high flame.
- Cover the pot partially and cook on low flame for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Then blend well with the help of the wooden wooden madhani rai.
- Add tamarind pulp, and mix well and cook for 4-5 minutes until well combined.
- Take a frying pan, add cooking oil, and button red chilies (you can also use the long red chilies), garlic cloves and mix.
- Then add cumin seeds, curry leaves and fry for 30 seconds.
Take a serving bowl drain out the dal into the bowl. Then after making tadka, now pour tadka in daal. Sprinkle some chopped fresh coriander on dal. You can also some sprinkle chopped green chilies.
The Hyderabadi Dillpasand Khatti Dal: Matchless Tangy Lentil Curry from Hyderabad is ready to serve.
Serve it with boiled rice, naan or roti it’s all your choice.
Also serve salad of sliced tomato, sliced cucumber (peeled cucumber), sliced onions and half cut lemon with dal.
Everyone should eat a balanced diet. It include variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats, add all these things in your meals. Also avoid excessive intake of processed foods, sugary snacks, and saturated fats.
Healthy weight is good for a person’s health. Strive to maintain a healthy weight range for your body type and according to your age. Combine a nutritious diet with regular exercise to achieve and sustain a healthy weight.
Do not use alcoholic drinks, avoid packed food and burnt food. Burnt food contain acrylamide. It is a chemical compound that forms when certain foods are cooked at high temperatures. The animal studies shows that high levels of acrylamide can increased the risk of cancer, however its effects on humans is still being researched.