Welcome to flavoriouss.com, today we are here with another unique recipe Dieheart Traditional Pakistani Beverage ‘Sattu’. This is actually a Pakistan’s traditional sherbet which is made during summer season which is the culinary heritage of the whole country.
In this recipe of sattu, it is a combo of roasted & finely ground barley like fine flour powder. It is cultivated in summer season with wheat crop country vise. It is a Pakistan’s traditional beverage served in summers for centuries.
Here is the recipe of Dieheart Traditional Pakistani Beverage ‘Sattu’ in easy and quick way.
Ingredients with Quantity:
- 3 cups Barley (Jau)
- Water as required (Pani)
- Water ) as required (Pani
- 6-7 tbs or to taste Jaggery powder (Shakar)
- 6-7 tbs ground Sattu
- 2 cup Water (Pani)
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 2 pinch Black salt (Kala namak)
- Ice cubes
Preparation of Dieheart Traditional Pakistani Beverage ‘Sattu’
Making of sattu:
- Take barley, and clean them completely and remove all impurities.
- Then take a bowl, put the cleaned barley in it and add water. If any impurity come on the surface of water, wipe them out with a strainer and discard.
- Then strain the water and wash for few time.
- Then add water in the bowl again and soak for 4 hours. , After soaking for 4 hours, strain the water and set aside.
- Then take muslin cloth and spread the wet barley on the muslin cloth and let it dry.
- When the barley dried completely, take a wook and then dry roast the barely for 18-20 minutes on low flame until brown.
- Keep mixing the barley continuously to avoid burning until it produce cracking sound.
- After roasting the barley, convert it into another bowl and lt it cool.
- When the roasted barley become cool add a small amount in the blender and blend well into fine powder.
- Take a strainer and strained out the flour powder you can get barley porridge. You can reserve the barley porridge for use.
- Place all the barely flour into an airtight jar. You can store the floor for at least 3 months.
- We have to put the floor into air tight jar to protect it from insects.
- You can also buy sattu from market.
Making of Beverage
- Take a jug, add water in it and then all the ingredients like sattu, lemon juice, black salt, and jaggery powder and mix thoroughly until jaggery powder resolved into water.
- The sherbet is ready.
Take a serving glass pour prepared sattu sherbet in it, and place a sliced lemon at the glass edge of glass.
Add ice cubes into the sattu sherbet to make the sherbet chill. The Dieheart Traditional Pakistani Beverage ‘Sattu’ is ready to serve.
Sattu is a source of magnesium, fiber, iron nutrients and provide instant energy. It is a great source of fiber that’s why it helps in digestion and promotes a healthy digestive system. That’s why it is beneficial for those who want to lose their weight. It can take away fatigue and lathergy in no time. It keeps you hydrated and develop ability in the body to bear heat.
What is sattu made of in Pakistan?
In Pakistan, sattu is made of roasted & ground barely into fine flour. It a traditional Pakistani sherbet for summers.
What are the side effects of sattu drink?
As we all know that taking everything in excess quantity is bad, same as sattu. It has salt. Fiber and iron and that’s why reduce stomach issues. It can cause gas in stomach. So consume it in less quantity especially those who have gastro issues.
Can sattu gain weight?
No, because sattu is rich in fibers and helps digestion. It helps both in losing and gaining weight.