Welcome to the flavoriouss.com. Today we are here with another delicious recipe. As the Bakra Eid is coming known as Eid-ul-Azha so everyone wanna try new dishes for their loved ones, also for dawats. Degi Karachi-style Haleem: A Hearty Meat and Lentil Stew is a delicious and popular dish in all the cities of Pakistan but especially in the City of Lights mean Karachi. Haleem is made with the combination of meat, lentils, and various spices, a flavorful mouthwatering recipe.
Here is the recipe of degi Karachi-style Haleem in an easy and quick way.
Ingredients with Quantity:
- 1 cup Wheat (Gandum) (soaked overnight)
- 1 cup Barley (Jau) (soaked overnight)
- ¾ cup Split Bengal gram (Chana dal) (soaked overnight)
- ½ cup White lentil (Mash dal) (soaked overnight)
- ) ½ cup Red lentil (Masoor dal) ( (soaked overnight)
- ½ cup Yellow lentil (Moong dal) (soaked overnight)
- ¼ cup Tota Rice (Chawal ) (soaked overnight)
- 3 liters or as Required Water
- Boiling water as required
- ½ kg Boneless Beef (large pieces)
- 1 cup Cooking oil
- 2-3 Cinnamon Sticks (Darchini)
- 10-11 pieces Black Peppercorns (Sabut kali mirch)
- 2-3 bay leaves (Tez patta)
- 2 medium Sliced Onion (Pyaz)
- 1 & ½ tbs Ginger garlic paste (Adrak lehsan paste)
- 1 & ½ tbs Green chili paste (Hari mirch)
- 1 & ½ tbs or to Taste Red chilli powder (Lal mirch powder)
- ½ tbs Coriander powder (Dhania powder)
- ½ tbs Turmeric powder (Haldi powder)
- 1 tbs or to Taste Salt (Namak)
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- ½ tsp Cardamom powder (Elaichi powder)
- 1 cup whisked Yogurt (Dahi)
- 4 cups or as Required Water
- ½ tbs or to Taste Namak (Salt)
- 4-5 tbs Cooking oil
- 1 small Sliced Onion (Pyaz)
- ¼ tsp Garam masala powder
- Fried Onion (Pyaz)
- Julienne Ginger (Adrak)
- Fresh Coriander Chopped (Hara dhania)
- Chat masala
- Lemon wedges
Preparation of Degi Karachi-Style Haleem: A Hearty Meat and Lentil Stew
- Take a pot and add wheat soaked overnight, barley soaked overnight, split Bengal gram soaked overnight, white lentil soaked overnight, red lentil soaked overnight, yellow lentil soaked overnight, rice soaked overnight & water, mix them well.
- Place the port on high flame and bring it to boil. Remove scum that come after boiling, then cover the port & cook on low flame until tender (approx. 2-3 hours).
- Take another port, add water in it and bring it to boil on high flame. In the boiling water, add boneless beef, and bring it to boil.
- Boil the beef for 4-5 minutes or until tender and then strain & set aside. Will use it later.
- Then wash that pot and add cooking oil in it, then in low heated oil add cinnamon sticks, black peppercorns, bay leaves & mix them well.
- After 1-2 minutes add sliced onions, mix them well & fry until light golden on medium flame.
- Add ginger garlic paste & green chili paste & mix them well. Then add boiled beef into the pot.
- Then add other spices like red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt, garam masala powder, cardamom powder & mix them well until well combined.
- Then add yogurt into the beef mixture, and mix them well & cook for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Then add water so that the beef become tender and all spices are cooked, mix them well & bring it to boil.
- Then cover the pot & cook on low flame until tender (approx. 40-45 minutes).
- After the mixture cooked well and beef become tender remove bay leaves, cinnamon sticks & discard them.
- Then turn off the flame & mash the beef well with the help of wooden masher. Mash until the beef make gravy and give a homogenous mixture with other spices.
- Then mash lentil, rice, wheat, barley mixture with the help of wooden masher.
- After mashing the both mixtures, then add cooked beef gravy into the lentil mixture, and mix them well. Then again mash the mixture with the help of masher for 10-12 minutes until well combined.
- Then add salt into the mashed mixture & mix well.
- Take a frying pan, add cooking oil, onion, and mix well & fry the onions until golden.
- Then add garam masala powder & mix well with onions.
- The tadka is ready to add.
Garnish the Degi Karachi-Style Haleem: A Hearty Meat and Lentil Stew with fried onion, julienne ginger, fresh coriander, chat masala, lemon wedges. By garnishing the meal look more presentable.
Serve Degi Karachi-Style Haleem: A Hearty Meat and Lentil Stew with naan or crusty bread. Also gave fried onions, chat masala, lemon wedges and Julienne Ginger & chopped green chili.
Make regular schedule for check-ups with your healthcare provider for preventive screenings and regular check-ups also gave the early info of your disease or any other issues. You must stay up to date with vaccinations like polio, covid or other prescribed by your health-care team. And also follow recommended guidelines that your doctor gave to you.