Welcome to our comprehensive guide on preparing the mouthwatering Char si Mutton Karahi! In this article, we will provide you with a step-by-step recipe that will surely tantalize your taste buds. Our team of culinary experts has carefully crafted this recipe to ensure that you can enjoy a flavorful and aromatic dish at home.
To prepare the Char si Mutton Karahi, you will need the following ingredients:
- 500 grams of bone-in mutton, cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes, pureed
- 1 tablespoon of ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon of garlic paste
- 2 green chilies, slit
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
Follow these simple steps to prepare the delicious Char si Mutton Karahi:
- Heat the cooking oil in a large pan or karahi over medium heat.
- Add the finely chopped onions and sauté until they turn golden brown.
- Next, add the ginger paste and garlic paste to the pan and cook for a minute.
- Add the mutton pieces to the pan and cook until they are browned evenly.
- Once the mutton is browned, add the tomato puree and cook for a few minutes until the oil separates.
- Now, add the red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and salt. Mix well to coat the mutton evenly with the spices.
- Cover the pan and let the mutton cook on low heat until it becomes tender. This may take around 1 to 1.5 hours, depending on the quality of the meat.
- Once the mutton is tender, increase the heat and cook uncovered for a few minutes to thicken the gravy.
- Garnish the Char si Mutton Karahi with fresh coriander leaves and slit green chilies.
The Char si Mutton Karahi pairs perfectly with naan or roti. You can also serve it with steamed rice or pulao for a delightful meal. Accompany the dish with a refreshing cucumber raita or a tangy salad to balance the flavors.
- Marinating the mutton with a mixture of yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, and spices for a few hours before cooking can enhance the flavors and tenderize the meat further.
- To make the dish spicier, you can increase the quantity of red chili powder or add chopped green chilies.
- For a richer taste, you can add a dollop of butter or ghee to the karahi before garnishing.
Congratulations! You have now learned how to prepare the delectable Char si Mutton Karahi. This traditional Pakistani dish is sure to impress your family and friends with its rich flavors and tender meat. So why wait? Head to your kitchen, gather the ingredients, and start cooking this delightful recipe today.
Remember, practice makes perfect, and as you become more comfortable with the recipe, feel free to experiment with the spice levels and adjust them according to your taste preferences. Enjoy the culinary journey and relish the flavors of this classic dish!